Christmas Baking - 12 sugar free days

1:37 PM

Hello lovely people of the internet,

as some of you may know Im trying to live sugar free for 12 days. I want to see what benefits living without sugar might have for my body, health and well-being in general. I have read a lot about sugar and its effects, how it works like a drug and I have to admit I really do believe in that. Well, that's it for now, I will let you all know more about the whole sugar discussion and how my 12 sugar free days went when they're over :)

Even though I can't eat sugar anytime soon, I baked christmas cookies (Linzer Augen - German Biscuits with Jam) today for my family and guests. Let's say I spent four hours baking because I had the wonderful idea of making the double amount. Im literally dead right now and I don't even want to hear the word cookies or biscuits for the next few days. Besides that I think they look super delicious and my family seems to be enjoying them very much!


Recipe:

300g Flour
200g Butter
1 Tsp. Vanilla
little bit of lemon juice
200g powdered sugar
2 egg yolks

All you have to do is put all the ingredients into a bowl and stir it well. Put it in the fridge for an hour and then you need to cutters (whatever shape you like), but one needs to have a little hole in the middle. Bake the cookies for about 5 Minutes. Put jam of your choice on the cutter without a hole. Put powdered sugar on the cutters with the hole (for decoration, they're sweet enough so you can skip this if you don't want them too sweet) and put them on top of the ones with jam. And voila you're done and you can enjoy some super delicious german cookies!


You Might Also Like

0 Gedanke(n)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe